Unified Physician Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Revenue Recognition- Headquarters Location
at Unified Physician Management
The Manager, Revenue Recognition is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly accounting for accrued revenue at UPM. He/She will articulate and lead enhancement initiatives focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology. The Manager, Revenue Recognition will establish repeatable processes that ensure a “No Surprises” environment.
Initially the Manager, Revenue Recognition will have no direct reports, and will work with the CAO to determine the correct sizing of the Revenue function. Additional direct reports will come associated with future growth of UPM.
The Manager, Revenue Recognition will first and foremost be passionate about UPM’s mission. He/she will be hardworking, demonstrate the values of the company and build/sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels within the organization. The successful candidate will be persuasive, authentic and transparent and will demonstrate a high level of professional and personal credibility.Key Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Build out the Company’s capabilities in revenue recognition into a “Center of Excellence” for the area
- Responsible for the integrity of the monthly revenue accrual for services performed in the Company’s Care Centers
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director Corporate Accounting and Consolidation on the integrity of the Accounts Receivable balance
- Enhance the Company’s revenue recognition process to ensure the Company has an accurate repeatable monthly process
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning and Analysis team who provides the monthly data on patient visits which the revenue estimates are based on to ensure completeness of data
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning and Analysis team in the analysis of the drivers of the variance between monthly accrued revenue and budget / forecast targets.
- Develop monthly management reporting that provides explanations on accrued revenue amounts and trends to drive education and transparency for operations leaders and senior management of UPM.
- Seamlessly integrate acquired companies into the revenue recognition process
- Support annual Budgeting and periodic Forecasting of accrued revenue
- Business Partner with the leaders of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) to understand RCM operational impacts to revenue recognition
- Support the annual outside audit of UPM’s financial statements in the area of revenue
- Attract, hire and train high performing staff as supported by growth in the business.
- Demonstrate capacity to make strong individual contributions as well as lead and manage process development and execution. Demonstrated player / coach abilities.
- Senior accounting leadership experience, 10+ years required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- A CPA and an advanced degree (MBA or other relevant master’s degree) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in building and/or significantly enhancing healthcare revenue recognition functions.
- Experience in complex high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class processes and procedures.
- Experience in multi-site / multi-state enterprises is preferred.
- Healthcare experience is required
- Experience in accounting for fixed assets is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite or like enterprise systems is a plus.
- Must exhibit a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service approach, and low-ego, and also be collaborative and bring maturity, humility, integrity, and leadership to the role.
- Demonstrated capacity to make strong individual contributions as well as lead and manage process development and execution. Demonstrated player / coach abilities.