Unified Physician Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Unified Physician Management
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 668
The primary responsibility of the Accounting Manager is managing and overseeing the daily operations of the general ledger group by establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles of accounting to provide monthly, quarterly and annually accounting information.
- Manages monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operation results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Reviews financial transactions posted by the accounting staff and the staff of our client care centers for accuracy.
- Provides direction and ensures appropriate adjustments are made to the accuracy of financial statements.
- Prepares complex journal entries, reviews staff journal entries and provides direction to staff as needed.
- Prepares/reviews Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Provides technical research as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of year end audit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA license is required.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- 5+ years experience working as an Accountant with healthcare experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and Vlookups) and Word.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Well organized, detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Proactive self-started that meets and exceeds deadlines.