The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: REENTRY SERVICES
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position reviews, creates, inputs, updates, and certifies menus, and recipes to ensure they meet all necessary nutritional requirements. Maintains required documentation and record keeping concerning dietary issues for all GEO Care Reentry facilities. This position reviews and submits completed menus, and special dietary requests to the GEO Care Corporate Food Service Director (GCCFSD) for review. Additionally, assists the GCCFSD by developing reports which will be used for analyzing, updating policy, and assist in controlling substitutions, and cost for menu items, and recipes. This position assists the GCCFSD in any and all duties related to the division.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates team projects and tasks with minimum direction from Director. Keeps Director informed of progress on projects.
- Implements and maintains the computerized menu management software database and provides additional support and training to the field.
- Gathers nutrition facts labels, assesses accuracy of information from purchasing web site and enters it into the menu database. Works with other staff as assigned to assist in analyzing various food products leading to improved quality and potential savings. Collaborates with purchasing, culinary services and other departments for accuracy of ingredients entered in the menu database.
- Assists in entering recipes into menu database system to ensure consistent end products in all facilities.
- Develops menus for each facility based on the nutritional parameters set forth by the client. Makes necessary or requested changes to the menus as needed.
- Assists locations with special dietary needs by providing the Director with a menu for special diet requests. Reviews and approves all substitutions and other changes to the menu. Reviews and certifies each facility’s menu as contractually required.
- Provides and maintains costing of recipes and menus.
- Understands the nutritional requirements and the regulatory process and plans menus based on nutritional requirements listed by our clients for contractual compliance.
- Participates in the Corporate Food Service Menu Design and Review Team and assists with core menu development.
- Participates in the proposal process by reviewing RFP's and providing menus and supporting documents as written in the RFP by established deadlines.
- Assists Nutrition & Wellness department in meeting identified initiatives and other special projects as needed. Works with Healthy Roads/Biggest Loser as well as other HR projects as assigned.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings. Keeps Director up to date on market trends and rulings that would affect department.
- Attends professional meetings and conferences to keep informed of current practices and trends in the field of dietetics, food and nutrition.
- May work in correctional facility’s kitchen
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Nutrition or Dietetics program and Registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Completes continuing professional educational requirements to maintain certification.
- Licensed or certified per State requirements. Must obtain the required licensing requirements in each state needed to perform duties associated with the position.
- Maintains continuing education credits as mandated by the American Dietetic Association.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a correctional setting desirable.
- Must be self-directed and able to make day-to-day decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required. Must have the knowledge, and ability, to follow established company policy on confidential information.
- Ability to travel occasionally with some overnight stays.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer