BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Consumer Lending
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Lending Specialist to join our team at BrightStar Credit Union.
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbor’s financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, under the direction of the Consumer Loan Manager or VP of Lending, originate consumer loans for current and prospective members, advise and counsel members (in person or over the phone) on all loan services available, and prepare for loan closings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers
- Maintain knowledge of all BSCU products and rates.
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate a working knowledge of credit union loan standards, policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal government rules and regulations.
- Assist applicants with loan product decisions by structuring the loan to provide the optimum product to meet the member financial needs.
- Accurately and completely input all applications as well as ensuring completeness and accuracy of loans coming from web applications, call center and/or branch staff
- Process the loan application in a timely and accurate manner by obtaining all required documentation and obtaining a clear to close.
- Assist prospective members with the opening of new BrightStar memberships
- Cross sell BSCU products and services, including but not limited to BSCU checking accounts, Auto Advisor service, Credit Protection, GAP and Warranty
- When necessary, produce loan documents, organize and complete member loan files in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
Experience: Two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
- Knowledge of consumer loan processing to include but not limited to autos, unsecured and real estate loans with strong attention to sales.
- Must have working knowledge of regulations affecting consumer loans and be able to communicate regulatory requirement and changes to management.
- Must have good communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Spectrum and CRIF ACTion Spectrums systems preferred.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.