Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Barc - Behavior Assistant
at Arc Broward
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Barc Housing, a well-established, nationally accredited, non-profit 36 –bed Intermediate Care Facility in Davie, Florida is currently looking for a Behavior Assistant.
The Behavior Assistant is responsible for provide a stimulating, safe and healthy learning environment in a congregational setting. Develop learning strategies to meet the varied individual needs of the residents and augment goals from the Behavior Analysis Support and Habilitation Plans. Implement behavior plans written by the BCBA and train Direct Support Professionals on behavioral strategies. Effectively provide direct supports to individuals with intellectual disabilities as necessary and role model such supports to team members. Interact with each individual served in a manner that demonstrates respect, ensures dignity and privacy, and promotes personal growth and self-determination. Respond to each individual based upon observed behavior and in accordance with prescribed treatment plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist with conducting behavioral and skill acquisition assessments
- Prepare for and actively participate in the Habilitation Plan process by conducting assessments and suggesting goals and objectives.
- Monitor and document each resident’s progress through the collection and graphing to assure meaningful data collection.
- Assist with modification or change goals and objectives as needed.
- Have a thorough understanding and a working knowledge of the AHCA survey procedures for ICF/IIDs and CARF standards.
- Establish a personal identity on the team. Function as a member of a person-centered team.
- Continually remain abreast of advances in educational methodologies and practices.
- Participate in agency trainings and keep mandated trainings current. Conduct training for new team members as needed.
- Ensures adequate record keeping by monitoring the maintenance of consumer files; completes prescribed documentation systems and procedures for accuracy and follow-through.
- Ensures compliance with agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, contractual requirements, and accreditation standards.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities (i.e. Autism, Down-Syndrome)
- Prior experience addressing behavior challenges (i.e. physical aggression)
- Must pass pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen
- ABA 20 hour certification preferred; Required within first 3 months of employment (Paid for and provided by Arc Broward)
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, particularly graphing.
- Must be able to take and pass all aspects of Professional Crisis Management - Level II.
- Monday through Friday hours vary between 8:00am - 6:00pm dependent on meetings, needs of the clients and agency
- Work one Saturday and one Sunday per month, not consecutive.
Arc Broward offers a wide range of benefits for our full time employees. Part time employees are also eligible for some of our benefits after a full year of employment!
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment & paid holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities